We are excited to announce the newest addition to the Edge Academy, the Edge Performance Institute. Starting in January 2019, the Edge is pleased to offer our athletes a truly customized approach to sports performance. Our goal at the Edge Performance Institute is to maximize performance, prevent injury, and help players become better athletes. This will all be done with our specifically tailored state-of-the-art programs run by our very own licensed, experienced, and highly sought-after Physical Therapist and coach Ryan Brown - see complete bio here
Our sports performance programs will be offered for all professional, collegiate, high school and youth athletes. These programs will focus on complete athletic development and are customized for your specific sport.
Our customized programs start off with an individualized 1-on-1 bio-mechanical and movement assessment. This allows us to create a customized program based on your goals, needs, sport, position and current training experience. Programs will combine mobility, agility, strength, power and endurance into one program.
All of our programs will include:
1) Sport Specific Training - Programs will be based on the unique needs of each athletes individual sport
2) Total Body Strength - Total body strength training that incorporates the upper body, lower body, and core into a customized program that focuses on enhancing the athletes overall performance.
3) Explosive Power - Development of vertical, linear, lateral and rotational explosiveness through the use of plyometrics, jump training, medicine balls, kettlebells, and Olympic lifting.
4) Core Stability - Integration of core stability, strength, and power to maximize movement efficiency and power transfer.
5) Mobility and Flexibility - Development of proper mobility through self-myofascial release, foam rolling, stretching, and dynamic movement prep.
6) Endurance - Sport-specific conditioning to enhance quick sprints, long runs, and total game endurance.
7) Injury Prevention - Focus on correcting specific imbalances, enhancing mobility issues, arm care, jumping and landing training.
Through our unique training technology, each athlete's training plan will be optimized to their team's unique training calendar. All training programs will be customized to meet the individual needs of the athlete. All athletes will have access to their programs 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, through a very unique application on their smartphone. This application will provide specific data with regards to workout progress and completion, gains and losses, which will allow us to make necessary modifications on the fly.