BILL O'BRIEN - GENERAL MANAGER
Billy is the Maine Lightning INFIELD Coordinator. He has been in the baseball/softball instructional business since 1998. Billy grew up in Worcester, Mass and continued his playing career at the University of Southern Maine. Billy was captain (SS) of the 1997 Division 3 World Series team. Following his collegiate playing career, Billy has coached at the college level (USM), AAU summer travel team; College PREP Fall DEVO team and has worked individually with many HS players that have gone on to play at the college & professional levels. Billy has been with The EDGE Academy since 2001.
DIRECTOR OF BASPROGRAM DIRECTOR, SENIOR INSTRUCTOREBALL/SOFTBALL OPERATIONS AND STAFF/PLAYER DEVELOPMENT
Ryan is West Cumberland native and Edge Academy product since 1995. He played his High School Baseball at Greely, followed by college stints at The University of Maine, Orono, and then Franklin Pierce University, where he was part of two World Series teams. After his playing days, he immediately got into Coaching at Southern New Hampshire U, and The Valley League (Summer College baseball in VA). Before making his way back to The Edge, Ryan owned Baseball Evolution, an indoor training center located in Massachusetts. While in Mass he also Coached with Northeast Baseball, one of New England's top travel programs for High School players.
DIRECTOR OF BASEBALL/SOFTBALL OPERATIONS AND STAFF/PLAYER DEVELOPMENT
Nick is the current Head Coach of the College PREP competitive fall travel team and the 14u Maine Thunder Travel Softball team.
Nick was a former Milwaukee Brewers professional player (Catcher/1B/3B/OF) and Northeast Associate Scout of the Philadelphia Phillies MLB team.
He has been Assistant Coach at South Portland HS (3yrs) and Head Coach at Mahoney MS (in South Portland). Nick played at UMaine (OF,3B,1B.P,C) and Deering HS; he was one few Maine born baseball players that has been drafted by a Major League team twice (Texas Rangers out of HS & Milwaukee Brewers from college).
OWNER, DIRECTOR OF AAU SPRING/SUMMER TRAVEL BASEBALL (MAINE LIGHTNING) TEAMS.
Mike is probably the most recognizable name is Maine HS baseball, he has won 7 out out 10 Class A State Championships at Deering HS. He also lead the Senior American Legion Nova Seafood team to a National Championship in 2004.
Mike had 6 former players play at the professional level. Mike, himself, played professionally (RHP) in the Atlanta Braves organization and college baseball at UMaine (still holds many pitching records) as well as Portland HS as one of the best 3 sport athletes from the greater Portland area.
Josh Stowell - Josh is the NEW Head Coach for Deering High School. Josh was Assistant Coach for the 14u Maine Lightning travel team in 2011. Josh played at Deering HS then moved on his career to University of Southern Maine (1B). Josh is a year round employee that has been working with the Edge Academy since 2009.
Don is currently the Assistant Varsity coach at Cape Elizabeth High School and part of the organization for the past 4 years, prior to that he coached for Old Orchard Beach High School.
He heads up the 2019 13U White Maine Lightning travel team and this will be his 4th year coaching for Lightning. Along with his coaching, he leads a number of youth clinics and camps at The Edge Academy, and provides one-on-one instruction.
Don played his high school ball at Old Orchard Beach before playing collegiate baseball at Thomas College. Don has been with the Edge Academy since 2011.
High School Career in Vermont
- 2014 Times Argus softball Player of the Year
- 1st team Honors ’15, ’14, ’13, ‘12
- Team Captain ’15, ’14, ‘13
University of New England
- Senior season ranked 5th in the country for batting average of .534
- Senior Season ranked 4th in the country for stolen bases with 41-41 on the season
- 2019 NFCA All-American 2nd Team
- 2019 NFCA New England First Team
- 2019 NCAA Woman of the Year Nominee
- 2019 CCC Player of the year
- 2019 CCC 1st Team Catcher
- 2017 CCC 2nd Team Catcher
- 2016 CCC Rookie of the Year
- 2016 1st Team Utility
- Team Captain ’19, ’18, ‘17
- Assistant coach at the University of New England Fall 2019
- Presenting slap hitting and catching at the Maine sb Hs Coaches Association yearly clinic in 2020
- Offers group and individual lessons in the following categories
- Catching skills: blocking, throwing, framing
- Slap Hitting: drag bunt, power slap, and soft slap
- Being a leader on the field
- Integrating the metal aspects of softball
South Portland High School
- Helped lead her team to a state championship in 2010 and western Maine championships in 2011 & 2012
- Was two-time all-state and a two-time SMAA All-Star 2012 & 2013
- Two year captain and team MVP
- Went 11-0 with a .063 ERA in 2013
- Hit .648 with 18 stolen bases and an .800 on-base percentage in 2013
- Played in the Gold Nationals in 2012 & 2013 under the Olympic gold medalist Ralph Raymond
University of Maine
- Helped lead her team to the 2016 and 2017 America East Championship games
- 2016 Conference Champions with a 9-0 record during the regular season
- Pitched against University of Georgia in the 2016 Regional Tournament
- Named America East Pitcher of the Year in 2016
- America East All-Conference first team in 2016 & 2017
- All-Region Third Team 2016
- America East Tournament MVP in 2016
- 2017 Team Captain
- 2017 Honda Inspirational Award National Nominee
- 2017 University of Maine Strikeout and Wins Leader
Softball After College
- Helped coach Cape Elizabeth High School during the 2019 season
- Offered group and individual lessons since 2014