Game Speed is designed to put high school players in an environment which is as close to an actual game as possible.
This event allows players to take their training to a whole new level! Take all of the hard work, make some adjustments, get professional feedback, and apply it in a game like environment. It will run 6 weeks to prepare players for the upcoming season.
Pitchers will increase pitch counts, catchers will increase innings, and hitters will also increase their live at bats as the program gets further along. Players will get immediate feedback every week! They will also have the freedom to try implementing tweaks and adjustments to their game without the repercussions of hurting their team! This is a great opportunity to face some high level competition and see if you measure up to some of our State's best baseball players.
The program will focus on:
- Throwing controlled bullpen sessions with a hitter in box
- Focus on the important aspects of pitching (controllable outcomes)
- Work with Mike D'Andrea on pitching mechanics, pitch selections and locations.
- Be able to be evaluated in live pitching situation
- Get live plate appearances before the regular season starts
- Work with instructors to make in-game adjustments
- Be able to work with advanced pitchers.
- Be able to work catcher/pitcher relationship before the season starts
- Work on setting up, framing and blocking balls
Game Speed will run on Wednesday nights from 7:30-9:00 pm and starts on February 2nd. Again, it is a 6-week program and we are limiting the number of participants for the program. We will participate the Wednesday of February vacation.
Cost = $275 per player for one skill. $325 per player for 2 or more skills. Skills include pitch, hit, and catch.
Dates: Wednesday, February 2,9,16,23; March 2,9.
There will be limited spots available, and we are capping this program at 30 players.