Team Game Speed
Game Schedule is posted below (as of June 1st):
6-7:30 Red Sox vs Yankees
7:30-9 Dodgers vs Giants
6-7:30 Red Sox vs Giants
7:30-9 Yankees bs Dodgers
6-7:30 Dodgers vs Red Sox
7:30-9 Yankees vs Giants
6-7:30 Dodgers vs Giants
7:30-9 Red Sox vs Yankees
6-7:30 Yankees vs Dodgers
7:30-9 Red Sox vs Giants
6-7:30 Yankees vs Giants
7:30-9 Red Sox vs Dodgers
Here is the important info you need to know:
WHO: 12-15 players, ages 14-19 consisting of hitters, catchers, and pitchers (minimum 5-6 pitchers, 2-3 catchers)
WHAT: 6 weeks of simulated Baseball/Softball team game play (see below for more info on how it will go)
WHERE: The Edge Academy @ 512 Warren Ave, Portland, ME 04103
WHEN: Opening night will be Monday, June 1st, Monday through Thursday; Time slots will run from 4:30-6pm; 6-7:30pm; 7:30-9pm w/ rotating schedule to allow teams to face different competition. Each team will be allotted at least one time per week
HOW MUCH: $250 per player. $100 dollar deposit. Payment plans can be set up upon request. We will contact teams and individuals regarding remaining payments prior to start
Two options (prior to start) - this will cover umpire and facility costs
- Team (12-15 players)
- $250 per player
- $100 deposit (non-refundable) to secure team entry. Each team should have a parent coach who is the point person to set up the team..click this LINK for more info on how to register your team
- Individual - if you are a player who does not have a team to join, you can register as an individual on our Edge House team
- $250 per player signing up for The Edge House Team
- $100 deposit (non-refundable) are due to secure your entry
Due to COVID-19 and the uncertainties for the start of the upcoming summer baseball/softball seasons, the Edge Academy is proud to offer a chance to allow Maine high school age players (14-19) a chance to play ball. Team Game Speed 2020 is designed to put high school players in an environment which is as close to an actual game as possible. Pitchers will throw live to hitters and umpires will be calling balls and strikes.
Given the MPA's recent extension of the hands-off period to July 5, players need an avenue to get ready for game play this summer. We are excited to provide the opportunity for local teams to use Team Game Speed as their Spring Training.
The program will be 6 weeks long with the goal of preparing each player for the upcoming summer baseball wood bat season & softball season which is targeted to start July 6th (subject to change due to state guidelines for sports and outdoor competition).
With Team Game Speed, Teams/groups should consist of 12-15 players, having a minimum of 5-6 pitchers and 2-3 catchers.
A typical competition night would look like this:
Team A vs. Team B
Team A will have 3 pitchers on the mounds and Team A will also have 3 catchers behind the plate. Team's extra players will be in cages getting some hitting work in. Team B will divide their players into groups of 4 for live at bats and face Team A's pitchers . After the given time frame is up, Team B will pitch and catch and Team A will now hit. Pitchers will increase pitch counts, catchers will increase innings, and hitters will also increase their live at-bats as the program gets further along.
We anticipate 70-80 ABs minimum. They will also have the freedom to try implementing tweaks and adjustments to their game without the repercussions of hurting their team in game play! Participants in Team Game Speed will have the opportunity to face some of the best players in Maine. NOTE: Pitchers must throw sides two times per week for a minimum of 7-10 min to get ready for this program.
The program will focus on:
1. Throwing controlled bullpen sessions with a hitter in box and an umpire calling balls and strikes
2. Focus on the important aspects of pitching (controllable outcomes)
3. Work on pitching mechanics, pitch selections and locations.
1. Be able to be evaluated in live pitching situation
2. Get live plate appearances before the wood bat season starts
3. Work to make in-game adjustments
1. Be able to work with advanced pitchers.
2. Be able to work catcher/pitcher relationship before the season starts
3. Work on setting up, framing and blocking balls
How do I register? Go to https://edgemaine.com
Or call The Edge Academy at 207-536-0405 and pay by credit or debit card over the phone.
If you have any questions, please email them to email@example.com